Monday, January 23, 2012

Mid-January update

What's up around here, in numerical form. Not by order of importance!

1. BlogPress is back! It could have been user error, but it was right there in the app store tonight when I searched it. ?? Regardless, it's the best!

2. We got a new mattress! Guess who doesn't love, or even like, it? This little missy.



She had been going to sleep by me just laying her down swaddled (in the divot on my side of the bed) and walking away. And she was getting up to eat just once at 4am. First night on new mattress (which sadly has no divot), she was up somewhere between 4 and 20 times. 😔 She's really missing my divot. I'm missing her going and staying asleep so easily. Despite all that, I really enjoy our new bed.

3. Mav has an appointment with the vet tomorrow to get neutered. He's been terrible lately. Anyone need a new dog? Just kidding...kinda.

4. Three kids is a lot of kids. Wait, let me back up - sometimes I suddenly realize, I'm a mother!

5. A friend sent me this article.

http://buffalogrove.patch.com/blog_posts/the-never-before-told-super-secret-ingredient-for-raising-an-amazing-daughter

I loved it. Even though it terrifies me at the same time! I need to read it every day. Maybe every five minutes.

6. We took the DART rail to the Dallas Zoo on Sunday with Addie and JJ and crew. It was fun, scary, interesting and a range of other emotions.




The zoo was fun too.







Sweet cousins. My two are the oddly dressed ones. Just FYI.




7. I've been trying to exercise.


I really enjoy running. However, it's hard to make time! (See number 4 above!). That's an excuse. I know. But it's such a good one.

8. This child o mine had three bruises on her forehead and one on her cheek. At one time.


They healed and then she got one more on her forehead. 👎

9. I gave the father of my children a talking to/guilt trip/eye opener after visiting www.killthecan.com

He's now quit this.


Hopefully.

When Price got a new (to him) truck, he started dipping. Why? I have no clue. But a year later, he was still dipping. A lot. And really liking it. He was addicted! So he's kicking the habit. If you know him, show him some love for his efforts.

10. My special ring.


Presley picked out the most beautiful adjustable ring you've ever seen just for me for Christmas at the holiday shop that comes to her school. So sweet and thoughtful! She got Teagan a peace necklace, Dad a compass, Temple a little baby doll, and even picked up a little something for herself! 😊

11. Kenzie got a new job and started today. I secretly hope she hates it and decides to quit. But for only selfish reasons.

12. I installed the smileys on my phone. I ❤ them! They annoy Price!

2 comments:

  1. There are many comments I could comment on this post, but I'm just going to say this:

    LONG LIVE THE SMILEYS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa this post makes me laugh. I agree with Alison Long Live The Smileys!! :)

    ReplyDelete