Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kindergarten roundup

It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Presley will be going to school in just a few months!! Real school! The kind where you get in trouble if you're late! And you go five days. In a row! And it lasts for 7 hours each day!




Last week was the kindergarten roundup. She was such a big girl! They took all the soon-to-be kindergarteners and took them for story time while the parents listened to the spill. At first she didn't want to go, and they didn't have to, but with a little encouraging she jumped up and got in line to go. (I made her leave her purse.)

I, on the other hand, with all my crazy hormones cried during the orientation. And had a hard time stopping. It was ridiculous and I was embarrassed. It was when they mentioned a 'boo hoo breakfast' for the parents the first day of school after we drop the kids off at their classroom. We'll just have to play that one by ear. It's a nice idea, but who wants to boo hoo in front of others? I don't...again!

I still can't believe we're already to this point. I swear she was just born!

When they were talking about school starting at 8, Price leaned in and said to me, "you are going to have your work cut out for you!" He sees me trying to get two ready and to school twice a week by nine. One, five days a week, by eight with consequences? Oh dear.




Pres, we're going to have to work on that together! (And pick out what you're wearing the night before!)

Right now she's into long dresses. It can't just be a dress anymore. I think I was in the fifth grade before I cared what I wore to school. Where did we go wrong?

Did I mention how well (good?) her pre-k class is going? After a conference with them, they saw no red flags on her waiting another year before starting and gave her two thumbs up.

Despite her clothes antics, I'm excited, scared, nervous, and already completely exhausted thinking about it. She feels like the biggest kid on the block! She's proud and so are we!

No comments:

Post a Comment