Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Well I meant to get this posted yesterday in a timely manner. However, me ≠ timely.

But I do hope everyone had a lovely valentine's day.

It was really just another day around here. After church (which we are trying to get back in the habit of going regularly, we got into a lazy routine on Sundays (really the lazy started on Saturdays and continued into Sundays!)) we went to OE's volleyball tournament. She's on a club team and they are GOOD and the game was very exciting even though they lost. (Does anyone else but me think they bring bad luck to teams?)

Then we went to eat with everyone. Then we came home, the girls were begging to go to bed at 7:30 since they didn't have a nap. (And by begging I mean, acting a fool from the lack of sleep.) Then Price and I had a romantic evening on our respective computers on opposite ends of the house. I will say that I'm not one for making a big deal about hallmark holidays. Price did try to get me a thoughtful gift, but after I didn't really LOVE it, he's going to take it back and "never get me anything again". It was 120 bucks for me not to be in love with it. Do you know what I could do with 120 bucks?? A lot! Did I mention I was wrong about the fact that my other dog didn't blow a coat too? She does in fact. So not only have I lived in Dog Hair Hell for two weeks, I get to live there another couple weeks.

We did go to a Valentine's Day party on Saturday night at my brother-in-law's parent's house. It was for the kids mostly, with a dance contest, disco ball, and very loud music, but had yummy fatija's and some delicious desserts for the grown ups! We went last year and it was another fun party! When it was Presley's turn to dance, she kind of froze, so I got a little closer and helped her feel the beat, unfortunately I got right in front of Aunt Addie's video camera, and she emailed me the footage the next day.




And Price says I have no rhythm. hehe (I really contemplated posting that, but thought what the hay, this blog is about being myself.)

Then my bro-in-law's grandpa called me, and I quote, 'hefty', just before we left. A parting gift, I guess. And I spent the rest of the evening thinking maybe I shouldn't have eaten so much. But like I said, it was yummy!!

Anywho, the reason I even started this post (before I turned into a therapy session airing all my dirty laundry/dance moves) was to show this cute bookmark that I made for Presley to put in her Valentine's Day party treat bags for her classmates. Afterall, there's nothing Presley likes more than pictures of herself. We are going to have to work on that child's humility. I'll cover the humility, and I'll let Price teach her some dance moves!!



No comments:

Post a Comment