Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowman, new and improved!

Yesterday, we woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow! Presley had school and immediately instructed us to wait for her to make a snowman. So after went went to her Valentine's Day party, we came home, got bundled up and ventured out to play in the snow.

A little back story. Around Christmas, it snowed a little and we tried to build a snowman with the girls to (per Presley's request). This is what we got. Yes, that little thing on the fence. The girls hated every minute of it. Although they thought it was a good idea to start. And at this time it was more like ice.




Yesterday, this is what we built! We got this fun snowman kit free from the Children's Place with a purchase. When I got it, I thought we'd never use it in Texas. (And yay for procrastination! Because all our Christmas bins were still at the house and not where they should be - in storage, since we have no garage and no attic space).








We later put a hat on him.
We also had a "fight" (snowball fight), as Presley called it. Price and I enjoyed that more than the girls. Teagan was laughing so hard as me and Price threw snowballs at each other. Presley threw her share though. And each time, she would say, "are you ready for this?" Little smack talker, just like her daddy!! We live on a busy street and some care pulled over and took a picture of our snowball fight.
The fun didn't stop there. Once we went inside and were going to put the girls down for a much needed nap, I got a call from our friend Monica who said they were going to go up to the park to slid down the hill on tubes. So we joined them. I didn't get any pictures unfortunately. It was really cold and I mostly tended to the girls. We pulled them around in a laundry basket a couple times and Presley went down many times by herself and I went down with her a couple times. My sister, Chloe and Madden joined us and Chloe managed to loose their keys in the snow. So we had to hitch a ride and then get her spare key before the roads got bad. I still want to find a steeper hill and have some more fun in the snow!! The girls hit a wall with all the cold, the lack of sleep, and the overall over stimulation. So they had a warm bath, a quick dinner, and went to bed early!!!
I enjoyed the snow, my girls, my whole family, good friends and just the beauty of it all. I couldn't help but to feel the presence of God with us! What a blessing! Amen!
I want to get out in it again today, but I'm still working up the gumption!!

2 comments:

  1. :)
    We've had a ton of fun here in the snow!

    ....sadly though, we've had the power knocked out @ our house, so we're bunking with the inlaws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite possibly the best snowman I've ever seen. Ours was pathetic. I had to use twigs for arms, dogfood for the face and random rocks for the buttons. The kids, had they been older, would have been mortified.

    ReplyDelete