Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Stockings

Every Christmas I would see our stockings and look forward to when I felt our family was complete. (Remember I had to beg, borrow, and steal to get Price on board with our number three?!) Because 'then' I would order stockings and get them embroidered. In retrospect, I'm sure part of that was an excuse to not spend the money, spend the time, and definitely not make that decision. Decisions. They're hard. For me any way. I need someone to hold my hand and reassure me that I'm making the right one. Price will usually give me a little grunt if he likes/agrees/doesn't care. But if he doesn't like something, he'll provide his two cents. It's just what I need. And although annoying at times, I love him for it. He knows me.

Anyway, it took me a couple months of perusing etsy. Price gave me a couple grunts at a few that I showed him. I grunted at a few myself. I found some I liked but they didn't have a ruffle. I just convo'd the shop owner and she coached me through the rest. I finally decided this was the year and I was just going to do it! Seriously, I don't know why 'big' decisions are hard for me. Anyway, they came super fast and I love them!!

AND after all our spiffy-ing up around here we have a faux mantel to hang them on! Double score- it makes the wait even sweeter! The mantel is not that wide and I didn't want Tempie to pull down a stocking holder (or five) so I just screwed little hooks underneath to hold them.

I love how it turned out! Now Santa just has to fill them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment