Thursday, March 1, 2012

Parenting fails

Last Sunday, the weather was so nice the girls begged us to let them play in the sprinkler. For some reason, we agreed.


They took a hot bath afterwards to warm up. In their suits.

**********

We traveled to west Texas last weekend to celebrate the life and lay to rest my sweet Grandmother. One day soon I'd like to write about all the great things about my Grandmother. (Speaking of, I heard a little girl in target calling, "Grandmother?" You don't hear that much anymore. It's so formal and old fashioned and I love it. I want to be called Grandmother myself. Anyway, it brought a smile to my face!)

Well I forgot to pack any play toys for the car seat. A water bottle worked for a while. But the last ten minutes, this worked better.




And then this.




Just kidding! Just Dad being silly while us big girls were in the ladies room on the way back home.

*********

The girls started a drama class last week. Price and I spent the 45 minutes enjoying these and the gorgeous weather on a patio nearby.



Needless to say we were all looking forward to drama this week. And I'll be darn, I forgot about it! I don't know how because Presley's asked me every day since.

***********

And then there's the girls favorite thing in life right now....




...holding temple standing up.



Please note they're blurring because I was trying to be quick about it!

**********

Not to mention I've been terrible about not taking many pictures/using my phone camera. Something I said I was going to work on....

And there's plenty more (parenting fails) where those came from!

2 comments:

  1. "Parenting Fails" make the best MEMORIES for kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taylor--I am so behind on everything (including reading your blog!), and I'm trying to get caught up and I just saw this posting. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I hope everyone's doing OK.

    Love ya,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete