Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Me love you long time!

I made this pico de gallo tonight and OH MY WORD! It was mighty fine! I don't want to brag, but my mom knows how to COOK! She has the best recipes and I just told her today that in all her 'free time' she should get all her recipes together and copied and given to me and the sistas... I thought that was better than what my dad recommended - that Mom just come over and teach us each recipe. Because when we (me and the sistas) make anything, we always have to call her ask her how to do it, or get some clarification.

My mother-in-law also is an awesome cook and I've called her on many a recipe too!

Here's what I like about a recipe - easy, quick, and I can remember all the ingredients in my head (no easy task).

Anyway this recipe is worth sharing and it fits my short criteria!

Pico de Gallo

6 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 bunch of cilantro, cut
1 large yellow onion, diced
6 jalapenos, diced and seeded (use the knife to do this or it will get under your fingernails and burn!)
the juice of one whole lemon (although I used lime tonight and it was good)
six to ten shakes of red wine vinegar (if I had to guess, prob about 1/4 cup)
lots of Lawry's season salt (sprinkle the top all the way across and back again)

Stir and let it sit for 30 minutes so the flavors marinate and it makes a juice. Then stir again. We ate with chips, but you can add it to anything and all the colors are beautiful!

The next time I bring something to a get together, this is what I'm taking! If you make it, let me know if you like it! And if you need clarification on anything, don't hesitate to call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment