Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ying and Yang

The very next day after I wrote about Teagan, Presley pranced around the house before bed in this ensemble with her baby, her shopping cart and her makeup by her feet.



And I thought to myself, yet another example of how different the girls are from one another.

The next day, she got ready to do an errand and lunch at Chickfala and wore this.




I have to fight/bargain/supervise what she wears to school twice a week, so the other 5 days, I tend to get pretty lax. She still wants to always wear a dress or a skirt. She often tells me whatever I have picked out "isn't pretty" or "isn't cute". I think she's heard she looks cute while we're out and about one too many times...

Notice her backpack. Whenever we leave the house, she goes into her playroom to "pack up". This means she brings all this stuff neatly stuffed in a purse or bag - jewelry, makeup, babies, baby stuff, phones, sunglasses, cameras, hair assessories, toys, or any combination there of. Which all ends up in the car. I try to cut it down and just allow one or two things, but sometimes I humor her.

The other day I was putting makeup on and Presley asked me if I wanted to borrow her makeup because she "couldn't even see mine." I tried to explain that was a good thing and you want it to look natural. She said she liked hers better since you can see it. I think her motto is the bluer the better! Because this particular morning she got all dolled up and I took this picture by 10 o'clock.







Here's more examples of her girlie-ness.













And here's when just a good ol pair of jeans was acceptable.



Just look at those arm rolls!

Presley can write her own name and is learning by leaps and bounds! (This is back when she had impetigo - she's still quite the picker.) She does have a hard time with the letter 'S' and questions which direction it should start and finish.



She was the star student last week at school. One question she had to answer to tell about herself was what she wanted to be when she grows up. She answered 'a cupcake and ice cream maker'.

One last observation about Presley is her ability to try to get what she wants. She's a fast talker and can be quite manipulating. The other day, after I told her she couldn't eat some Fun Dip after breakfast (or was it before?), she snuggled up in her daddy's lap and whispered "do you want to be a good daddy or mean like mama?". Let me just say, he was mean like me, which resulted in Presley getting upset and choosing to talk back and be highly disrespectful which resulted in not getting to enjoy that Fun Dip for three whole days! Ouch!

Another classic example is one day her and Madden were racing to the back door because they both wanted to open it. Well Madden got there first so Presley quickly started swinging between the couch and table nearby and said "Hey Madden, can you do this?". Sure enough Madden fell for it and aborted his quest of opening the door to show his cousin he could indeed swing just like her. Then Presley jumped right back to the back door and opened it. It's amazing how her little brain works.

Anyway, back to present day. Unfortunately, both girls have a fever right now and it's been a lazy couple of days. Hopefully it's just a little bug and not a different strain of the flu! They seem to still have energy and are still eating okay. But nothing makes you feel more helpless than sick kids. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment