Thursday, February 2, 2012

Morning fun

While I drink my coffee and take my time getting going for the day, I'll often play with Teagan in the playroom. This particular morning, she was having a birthday party for her "rCarley" bear. She calls it rCarley, instead of iCarley. Anywho, we were in no short supply of sweets, as you can see.


Snuggling with lil Temp. She was just about ready to go back to sleep!



Teagan requested a "family picture" with her bears. The blue bear used to be named Mike Wazouski (from Monsters, Inc.) but has been changed to just Max. rCarley has a pair of the girl's bloomers on and Temple's shoes.



A few tidbits about Teagan lately.


She was the star student at school a couple weeks ago. They asked a list of questions and then she got to take her favorite book and favorite toy. She chose a book we hadn't read yet they just had gotten for Christmas. I said, "That's your favorite? Well let's at least read it first!"


And then one of the questions was, What's your favorite part of the day? She answered, "waking up and going to school". That's odd since every morning she asks, do I have school today? And when I say yes, she screams and crys, "I don't WANT to go to school. I HATE school." I was like uhhhh.... (I usually let her get a little cartoon time in, and then she's fine.)


A little boy in Presley's class had played with her and a few of the other girls in Presley's class at Presley's Christmas party. He was tickling them and making them laugh and squeal! Well Teagan talked about him tickling her ever since! Well today he made a point to tell Teagan hi today when we went to pick Presley up and oh. my. word. She talked about it all afternoon!


She's still a firecracker and raises a stink when she doesn't get things exactly the way she wants it. But that's life. Sorry kid. It's just the level she takes it that makes you want to give her her way so that she doesn't go there. And sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. And sometimes she has a great day or a great morning of not throwing huge fits. All that to say, we're working on her self control and controlling her impulses. It's not easy for her. But sometimes, she'll choose not to run off screaming and instead she'll say, "ooooookaaay." And I can see her using that self control. I really praise those moments.


On that note, we started a bean jar. When they fill it up they can choose to go somewhere or pick out a special toy or something. But I'm not sure we're using it right....

No comments:

Post a Comment