Tuesday, May 7, 2013

18 months-ish

Eighteen months is such a great age.  Temple is getting so big!  (Sometimes a little too big for her britches if I'm being honest!)  She is running, not walking.  But really it's not even running.  It's fast walking while bouncing a whole lot.  It's the cutest, unsteadiest gait with just the right amount of danger to it! Not sure why she's always in such a hurry!

She's not really talking a whole lot.  I'm not worried about it, though because she gets her point across for sure.  If she doesn't have a word for it, she'll either point, scream, bully you phyisically, and any other means neccesary until she gets what she wants.  The other night I hadn't got her any "milky" (bottle of milk) and she was fine until I was almost asleep and then she started pushing me, pulling my shirt, and whining until I finally asked, "milky?"  Then she just pointed towards the kitchen.  So I had to get my tired self up and get her a bottle.  And then I cursed myself for starting a bottle at twelve months when it's recommended to stop the bottle.  But she's my BABY.




And if I'm not meeting her needs, she'll go to Teagan who I've heard her call Mama on more than one occasion, and she'll tend to her.  Teagan is so in tune with Temple and her needs.  And sweet and loving and patient.  I'm surprised Temple doesn't start with Teagan. The other day though Teagan was trying to eat, which is hard because Temple wants to share whatever you're having.  I wasn't really paying attention until Teagan said, "Can you please deal with this kid?"  Haha!  Yes, yes I can. 

She has another relationship with Presley. With Presley, it's playtime. Rough, loud, in-your-face, borderline mean playtime. Temple knows the difference between her two sisters and who's good for what. She just wants to be with them. Whether its watching TV or playing outside or in the playroom. She sees no age difference. She's just one of the gals. They let her for the most part. But they draw the line when she starts eating the crayons.







No comments:

Post a Comment