Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Juicy

I didn't blog last week.  Here are my excuses.

We got a ruku.  As if this family needs to watch any MORE TV!  But alas.  Price and I watched a couple documentaries last week.  Enter, freak out mode.  What are we eating?  What is in our food?  What are we allowing the girls to eat?  What is our world going to be like when our kids are old?  Sigh. 

The first one we watched was Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  So we ordered a juicer and started juicing.  So where was all my free time last week?  At the grocery store.  Price and I went on a three day juice fast.  We lasted until the second night.  And then we juiced most of the third day, just ate dinner that night.  I decided to just eat normally until after my race this Monday!  (eeeeeeek)  But I might jump back on board afterwards.  We'll see....  Swim suit season is upon us. 

The second documentary was Vegucated.  It was about vegan eating.  I would like to think I could eat no animal products.  I would just like to experiment and see how I felt.  I come from a long line of indigestion sufferers.  But just don't know if I have it in me to do it. 

We started another one, but I didn't allow myself to get too involved in it.  I was still in double freak out mode from the other too.  I feel better this week.  My head is almost buried back in the sand.  A place that feels most comfortable for me.  Actually I'm tightening up on the diet of the wee ones, avoiding diet cokes, and trying to not eat out as much.  Even if the process of the grocery store makes me want to poke my eyeballs out.  I can do hard things.  It's my domesticating duty. 

Now, if you'll excuse me.  I must go hydrate with some good old fashioned H2O.






No comments:

Post a Comment