Tuesday, January 12, 2010

omg

(and by omg, i mean 'oh my gosh'. just for the record!)

At my family's white elephant gift exchange that we celebrate on new year's day each year, I already selected my gift and on Hubby's turn, I asked him to steal two work out videos. My thinking was a) we already vowed to eat good in 2010 and b) it's always good to have that type of thing available, you know just in case you get the urge to stimulate the ol' heart and c) it was the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred that I had heard so much about on Big Mama's blog. So he reluctantly stole it for me. So we took home a pretty glass jar full of Hershey kisses and two work out videos. (I thought that was kinda ironic.)

So anywho, I've had a bad crick in my neck for about two weeks. A visit to the chiropractor, a number of pain pills, lots of advil liquid gels, and bootin' the kids out of our bed later, it's finally gotten a little better. I felt like today was the day to break out the 30 day shred. (And by the way, it's going to take more like 90 days to 180+.)

I really don't know what I was thinking. I still had my PJ's on so I just threw a sports bra on and started. Hand weights and an exercise mat were needed. I couldn't find my hand weights I haven't used in 8+ years, so I grabbed two cans of baked beans and an afghan for my makeshift workout mat. I don't know why I didn't feel the need to put on tennis shoes, but I didn't.

Which brings us to the 'omg'. My lower leg is SOOO sore already! I don't even want to think about how it's going to feel tomorrow and the next day which usually gets worse before it gets better. I blaming the immediate pain in my lower legs on working out with no shoes, but technically it could be because I haven't worked out since....(sigh)...I can't even remember when. I mean I've gone on fast walks not too long ago, but nothing like trying to 'shred' pounds and get chiseled. (hehe)

Now I'm not even sure that my tennis shoes that I had this morning would have even helped. I started thinking about it and my main pair I wear 97% of the time, I got when Pres was like 6 months old or something. That's three years ago!! The other pair I wear on occasion because they are somehow a little less dingy looking, Hubby gave me for our two year wedding anniversary! (Romantic, I know!! But it was a thoughtful gift because I needed some at the time.) So those are 4 and a half years old.

So me and the girls made a trip to the sporting goods store and found a pair that were nice looking, comfortable, and were 50% off the lowest ticketed price. SOLD! (They could have been ugly and uncomfortable and I would have still got them, I'm such a sucker for clearance items that are marked down even more!!) We also picked up some pink wiffle balls that we had some fun with in the living room. I'm just glad they aren't great batters just yet!!

Anywho, wish me luck in my efforts to shred. Tomorrow, if I can muster up the energy to try it again, I'm going wear shoes. And I might also eat before hand because afterwards I felt like I was going to throw up and pass out.

In other words, I have a long way to go!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Taylor! I've been trying to find that video, but it's not at Walmart or Target. I know it's going to be really hard on me b/c I've heard it kicks your butt, and my workouts right now consist of taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record, I can't see you need to shred anything. You're beautiful in form as well as heart.

    ReplyDelete