Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lil artist

I'm loving how Teagan has been drawing lately. It's that perfect stage where they first start drawing people and telling you who it is.

In this picture, she said it was Presley, Teagan, Daddy, and Maverick.



I kinda got a sad/confused face and said, "where's the mama?" and I wanted to add "that cooks, cleans, launders your clothes, bathes, loves and cares for your little booty 24 hours a day, 365?"
I mean the dog comes first?

But she quickly added me to her portrait and I quickly found peace.




And here the artist is next to her fine (and now complete) family portrait.



I love it!

And here's another drawing from yesterday. I just love how funky and artsy it is.



(We doodled on the back which is coming through.)

I'm sure it's something only a mother would love, but it signifies so much more than just her drawing, but her growing up and being such a big girl. In my hormonal state, I just want to hold on to that for as long as I can. However, when she's throwing a 30 minute fit because she didn't get to pour her cereal or she only got two Oreos instead of three, I'm willing to let go and make an exception (or two or three per day).

So this morning she remembered that she wanted to pour her cereal BEFORE I did.


Even though it's a big waste, I know she needed to do that to learn something (gross motor?). Had I given in and let her yesterday, the only thing she would have learned was that she got her way.

Anywho, I got a little off tract from showing off Teagan's art skillz. That's a newfound skill of mine - turn everything into a big ball of emotions. Maybe that's how the dog found a place in the family portrait before me!

No comments:

Post a Comment